What information do we collect?
Information you give us
We may collect certain personal information from you when you visit or register to use our Site or its services and features. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our service (such as any electronic newsletter), search for content or material, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the Site.
The information you give us may include your first and last name, e-mail address, and location. We may also collect additional personal information, including your age, date of birth, gender, physical address, personal description and photograph, and interests.
Information we collect about you
We may also automatically collect certain information from users of the Site, such as their Internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We use various technologies to collect that information, including the following:
- Cookies: We may utilize “cookies” to maintain a record of your visits and to improve the content and services on our Site. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to aboutcookies.org.
- Web beacons: Pages of the Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Site and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of our Site.
- IP addresses: Our computers may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor the Site to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within the Site.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
How do we use the information we collect?
Information You Give Us
We may use this information to:
- Conduct and process transactions with you;
- Subject to applicable laws, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- Improve the Site and the content and services offered on our Site;
- Enforce legal terms that govern you use of the applicable to our Site;
- Protect the Site, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others; and
- For any other purposes for which the information is collected and maintained.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information to:
- Analyze the usage of our Site;
- Improve the design and content of our Site;
- Deliver relevant marketing messages and advertisements, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others (for more information, see About our Ads;
- Personalize your Internet experience;
- Offer you products and services;
- Subject to applicable laws, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you; and
- In some cases, we may use your IP address to identify you in order to enforce any legal terms that govern our Site or to protect our Site, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others from injury or harm.
We may also use your personal information when we are required or permitted by law to do so.
Your obligations as to your personal information
You must only submit to us and the Site personal information which is accurate and not misleading. By submitting personal information in respect of you and anyone else, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that personal information on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
With whom do we share your information?
We may share your personal information with third parties including in the following instances:
- With our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any service we perform for you;
- With advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- With those who assist us in providing our Site and services (such as data storage providers) and processing transactions and communications on and through the Site;
- For our direct marketing purposes;
- Names of winners of our contests and sweepstakes as may be required by law on the Site and in winner’s lists;
- Law enforcement officials, to the extent we believe necessary to comply with laws, regulations, court or administrative orders, lawful access requests or other governmental authority;
- Where you have specifically authorized us to do so;
- Upon, or as part of due diligence investigations for, a merger, divestiture or transfer or sale of all or substantially all of our assets or upon any other corporate reorganization; and
- When we are required or permitted by law to do so.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information to third parties on an aggregate basis for purposes of analyzing usages and trends, improving or enhancing the Site, improving existing products and services, and developing new ones.
Do we collect personal information from children?
PARC Retirement Living is not intended for and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child has registered on our Site or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
Security measures and your personal information
We employ reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information that we collect and maintain. We store your personal details on a secure server, and we use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers. We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or that any communication or transmission of such information over the Internet will be entirely secure.
Third party websites
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or mobile applications of suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of those websites or mobile applications, please note that those websites and mobile applications have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit any personal information to those websites or mobile applications.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information, to provide information to you (whether by email or otherwise) or marketing information about the products and services or the Site. To no longer receive electronic newsletters or marketing information from us, follow the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing communication that we send to you or contact us at [email protected], or by mail at 1203 -1166 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 3Z3, Canada. Alternatively, you can call 604.408.5811 ext. 128.
Access to personal information
Individuals have the right to know what personal information we have collected about them, how that information is being used and to whom it has been disclosed, as well as to verify and amend that information if it is incorrect. Upon receiving a written access and/or correction request and a reasonable handling fee, and where the identity of the requestor can be confirmed, information held by us that is identifiable to the requestor, as well as information on all use and disclosures of that information, will be released to the requestor within 30 days, except where that release is not required or is prohibited by law, and if necessary we will correct the Personal Information of the requestor.
You also consent to us (or third party advertisers working through the Site) placing cookies on your hard drive or mobile device. You can turn these off if you want, through the settings on your browser. Please note that we will not place cookies on your hard drive by which you can be personally identified; if we do, we will ask for more, further, specific consent from you.
Withdrawal of consent
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by us. If you withdraw consent we nonetheless reserve the right to retain, collect, use and disclose personal information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].